Join our very own Debbie Jenks and Laurie Gunn around the island at GATHER on Wednesday, April 10th from 6:00pm-8:30pm for our Interactive Cooking Experience...Dim Sum!
Join us on a journey of flavor and fun as we introduce you to the world of the Cantonese culinary tradition of Dim Sum. Commonly enjoyed in restaurants for brunch, this small plate dining experience will sweep you off your feet!
- To begin the class, a Gather nibble board will be provided. Included beverages will be your choice of citrus water, coffee, and tea.
- The menu will feature the following items:
- Menu TBD. Please check back at a later date.
- Pork Steamed Dumplings
- Garlic Steamed Boc Choy
- Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- BBQ Beef Bun
- All attendees will be given the chance to shop in-store before and during the event. Any purchases made will receive 10% off your total.
- Don't miss out...Save your spot by purchasing your ticket now! This experience is a ticketed event only and is limited to 14 guests maximum.
Meet Debbie Jenks: Debbie Jenks has always had a love and passion for everything culinary and hosting. As a mother to three children, dinners looked less like chicken nuggets and more like Indonesian Pork Soup. She has turned hosting into a hobby with clever table settings and even a “Cheetos and Titos” party thrown randomly for her friends (you’ll have to her ask her about that one). The spontaneity of her cooking has left many frustrated, yearning for a past creation that she had thrown together at random never to be precisely remembered. That is the true theme of Debbie’s cooking. It’s not about recreating the same thing over and over but building upon the basics and taking risks to create something better.
Meet Laurie Gunn: Laurie Gunn became interested in growing vegetables and herbs as a child. Her parents did not have a garden so she would always wander to her neighbors gardens where she would find joy in all she learned. Before the age of 10 she took it upon herself to dig up the backyard and start her own garden. Her need for creativity combined with her love for gardening has lead to her passion for cooking. It has always warmed her heart cooking with her three sons. They are all now impressive cooks in their own kitchens. Her husband Jeff... well he has dish pan hands.