Join our very own Laurie Gunn around the island at GATHER on Tuesday, February 13th 2024 from 6:00pm-8:30pm for our Interactive Cooking Experience...Mean Girls Galentine's! Eat, drink & wear pink as we make fetch food from The Burn Cookbook...The ultimate, unofficial and unauthorized Mean Girls fanbook: a tongue-in-cheek cookbook (with hilarious real recipes inspired by the film) celebrating the cult classic's quotable humor, its beloved characters, and the behind-the-scenes drama and trivia from the set. Author Jonathan Bennett (that's right, Aaron Samuels himself AND cousin of our very own Laurie Gunn) dishes out a tasty parody of Mean Girls, serving up behind-the-scenes stories from the movie alongside awesome recipes for treats that your favorite mean girls should be enjoying in Girl World. Written with the help of rock star chef Nikki Martin, Jonathan also shares his favorite recipes from his own childhood, like his mom's famous stuffed shells and other specialties that will round out any special event. Join us for a special evening of bringing these hollywood worthy recipes to life!
- To begin the class, a Gather nibble board will be provided along with a prosecco welcome drink! Included beverages will be your choice of citrus water, coffee, and tea.
The menu will feature the following items:
- Boo You Salad
- It's Not Regular Guac, It's Cool Guac
- Gretchen's Wieners
- Is Your Cornbread Muffin Buttered?
- Aaron Samuel's Actual Mom's Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Cake Made of Rainbows and Smiles
- All attendees will be given the chance to shop in-store before and during the event. Any purchases made will receive 10% off your total.
- Don't miss out...Save your spot by purchasing your ticket now! This experience is a ticketed event only and is limited to 14 guests maximum.
Meet Laurie Gunn: Laurie Gunn became interested in growing vegetables and herbs as a child. Her parents did not have a garden so she would always wander to her neighbors gardens where she would find joy in all she learned. Before the age of 10 she took it upon herself to dig up the backyard and start her own garden. Her need for creativity combined with her love for gardening has lead to her passion for cooking. It has always warmed her heart cooking with her three sons. They are all now impressive cooks in their own kitchens. Her husband Jeff... well he has dish pan hands.