Join our very own Debbie Jenks & Molly Johnston around the island at GATHER on Wednesday, October 4th from 6:00pm-8:30pm for our Interactive Cooking Experience...Soup's On! The change of season from Summer to Fall brings a cool breeze and desire for warmth. Nothing satisfies this more than a delicious bowl of homemade soup! Join Debbie Jenks and Molly Johnston as they teach you how to transform everyday ingredients into a variety of soups to please every palate! Learn how to start with a stock, develop flavor, and add the perfect garnish/accompaniments for an incredible bowl of soup. The menu will feature...
- To begin the class, a Gather nibble board will be provided along with a prosecco welcome drink! Included beverages will be your choice of citrus water, coffee, and tea.
The menu will feature the following items:
- Homemade Soup Stock
- Roasted Tomato Soup w/ Garlic Grilled Cheese Croutons
- Spiced Lentil Soup w/ Curried Acorn Squash
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Crusty Bread and Whipped Feta Butter
- All attendees will be given the chance to shop in-store before and during the event. Any purchases made will receive 10% off your total.
- Don't miss out...Save your spot by purchasing your ticket now! This experience is a ticketed event only and is limited to 12 guests maximum. Tickets are $85 per guest and must be purchased online only.
Meet Debbie Jenks: Debbie has always had a love and passion for everything culinary and hosting. As a mother to three children, dinners looked less like chicken nuggets and more like Indonesian Pork Soup. She has turned hosting into a hobby with clever table settings and even a “Cheetos and Titos” party thrown randomly for her friends (you’ll have to her ask her about that one). The spontaneity of her cooking has left many frustrated, yearning for a past creation that she had thrown together at random never to be precisely remembered. That is the true theme of Debbie’s cooking. It’s not about recreating the same thing over and over but building upon the basics and taking risks to create something better.
Meet Molly Johnston: Molly has joined the "food team" at Gather because of her love of cooking and baking. She brings 15 years experience in the food industry along with a lifetime of cooking for her family and friends. Molly keeps her recipes simple, fresh and flavorful. Shopping the local farmers market and cooking in season are part of her routine to keep it healthy. She loves gathering her family and friends to prepare meals and desserts together that not only taste delicious but look pretty as well. Her husband and 3 boys are her favorite repeat customers!